OCTAVIAN MEDIA LLC
- Introduction and Definitions
- The Types of Data Acquired About You
- Personally Identifiable Information (PII). We acquire PII that may include, in certain contexts, your name, postal address, zip code, email address, and telephone number. We also acquire your IP address, User ID, and/or Device ID, which certain jurisdictions consider to be PII because it could be used to identify an individual or Device if it were combined with other identifying information.
- Sensitive PII. In certain circumstances, such as when purchasing a Product, you may provide a credit, debit, or payment account number, or other payment information which we recognize as more sensitive than other PII. We generally do not request on or through the Service other Data that is often considered “highly sensitive,” such as other financial account information (e.g., credit report information, bank account numbers), personal health information, or government issued identification numbers (e.g., social security number, drivers’ license number, or passport number), although we reserve the right to do so when such Data is necessary to offer you certain services.
- Anonymous Data. Some of the Data that we acquire cannot identify, distinguish or trace you or your Device, even if combined with other identifying information, and some Data that could be considered PII when combined with other identifying information is not used in a way that identifies, distinguishes or traces you or your Device, but is instead used in an anonymous way, often aggregated with other anonymous Data about other users.
- How We Acquire Your Data
- Data You Provide. We mostly receive PII because you provide it to us. For instance, when you enter a contest, complete a survey, purchase a Product, or register and/or set up an account/profile, you may be provided, or required to choose, a password and/or User ID, and you may provide a credit, debit, or payment account number, or other payment information, as well as your name, telephone number(s), email and/or street address. Other Data such as your age, gender, an avatar, and preferences may also be requested. In addition, we may acquire your Data when you contact us by telephone, postal mail, social media interaction or messaging (e.g., email, SMS, MMS, or similar technologies). We also may acquire information that you provide about other people, for example, when you purchase one of our Products as a gift.
- Data Automatically Collected. The Service may also automatically collect Data about you, your online behavior and your Device. The Data collected may include, without limitation, the make, model, settings, specifications (e.g., CPU speed, connection speed, browser type, operating system, device identifier) and geographic location of you and/or your Device, as well as date/time stamp, IP address, pages visited, time of visits, Content viewed, ads viewed, the site(s), application(s), destination(s), and/or service(s) you arrived from, and other clickstream data. The Service may collect your Data even if the Service is not open on your Device or you’re not logged in.
- Data Acquired Elsewhere. We may also acquire your PII or other Data offline or otherwise outside of the Service. For example, we may purchase or otherwise acquire such Data from third party data suppliers. We reserve the right to merge or co-mingle this other Data with your PII and Data collected on or through the Service.
- Social Network Integration. If you choose to access, visit and/or use any third party social networking service(s) that may be integrated with the Service, we may receive your Data that has been made available to those services, including information about your contacts on those services. For example, some social networking services allow you to push Content from our Service to your contacts or to pull information about your contacts so you can connect with them on or through our Service. Some social networking services also will facilitate your registration for our Service or enhance or personalize your experience on our Service. Your decision to use a social networking service in connection with our Service is voluntary. However, you should make sure you are comfortable with your Data the third party social networking services may make available us by visiting those services’ privacy policies and/or modifying your privacy settings directly with those services. We reserve the right to use, transfer, assign, sell, share, and provide access to all of your Data that we receive through third-party social networking services in the same ways as all of your Data we receive through our Service (as described in Section IV below).
- Be Careful Publicly Posting PII. Please be aware that Content and PII that you disclose in publicly accessible portions of the Service may be available to other users, and may also be made available outside the Service by third parties, so you should be mindful of all PII, especially sensitive PII, that you may wish to post.